Business as usual
Traditional business is based on a linear supply-chain model. Inputs from the environment include energy, mostly from fossil fuels, raw materials (or components made from raw materials) and water. At the end of the chain the products, waste and pollution are dumped into the environment.
A circular business will:
- recycle all water and materials
- use clean (emission-neutral) energy
– solar, wind, sustainable biofuel, geothermal etc
- internalise all external costs
- create no toxic, or otherwise harmful, outputs